Celery juice and kiwi, taken before dinner, provides good nutrition and helps to satisfy your appetite. This way you will avoid overeating and going to sleep on a full stomach. Celery is a vegetable as benevolent as versatile: you can combine it with many dishes and cook it in different ways, and at the same time receive vitamins, minerals, fibre and very few calories. We explain how this may help you to lose weight.
Celery has a nice aroma, good flavour, and is a food that is very low in calories (16 calories per 100 grams), which makes it very suitable in diets. To obtain all the advantages you can eat it in different ways. The slimming advantages of celery are that it’s easy to digest and very healthy, composed of 95% water, thus managing to hydrate and cleanse the body, removing toxins and water retention.
Benefits of celery in a diet are:
- Improves kidney activity.
- It contains minerals such as potassium and sodium, as well as vitamins B1, B2 and B6, essential for the skin, hair and eyesight.
- Regulates cholesterol and improves circulation.
- accelerates digestion and eliminates gas.
How to lose weight with celery?
Celery gives the ability to clear fat thanks to its diuretic functions. If you are consistent, in two weeks you could lose up to eight pounds. i will explain how to do it, but always remember to follow a balanced diet to integrate with these methods.
Morning: celery smoothie, pineapple and cucumber
Drink this fasting smoothie, so as to obtain the necessary vitamins and mineral salts until the next meal thanks its satisfying effect for the stomach. The combination of celery, pineapple and cucumber is undoubtedly a fabulous way to increase the purifying properties.
- Two or three stalks of celery
- Half a Cucumber
- Two slices of pineapple
- One tablespoon of oat bran
- A glass of water
- Begin by washing all vegetable ingredients thoroughly, then cut the cucumber, pineapple and celery into pieces.
- Add oat bran and mix in a blender until you have a smooth juice.
- To make it less dense you can add a glass of water, and if you want it a little sweeter, you can also add a tablespoon of honey.
Lunch: celery soup for weight loss
You can eat this easy to prepare soup three times a week. Besides being delicious, it is purifying, filling and helps to burn fat.
- 6 bunches of celery
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- An onion
- Pepper as needed
- A teaspoon of cornflower
- One litre of water with a stock cube
- A bay leaf
- Coriander to taste
- Begin by washing and cutting the celery and chop the onion.
- Put a little oil in a pan and, when hot, add the celery and onion.
- Add the stock, bay leaf and coriander. When it is boiling add the corn flour to make it thicken. Stir trying not to form lumps.
- Finally, remove the bay leaf, add a pinch of pepper and whisk together until creamy. It is light and healthy and you can eat it for lunch and dinner.
Before dinner: Celery and kiwi smoothie
A perfect smoothie to drink before dinner, satisfying the appetite enough so that you don’t have the need to eat large amounts of food during the final meal of the day. This will also provide good nutrients and minerals, in addition to vitamin C and fibre. ideal ingredients to eliminate water retention. It is also delicious!
- Two large kiwi fruit
- Three stalks of celery
- A bunch of parsley
- Two oranges
- Peel the kiwi fruit and cut into small pieces.
- Chop the parsley and cut the celery into small pieces.
- Squeeze the juice of the oranges.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. If you need, you can add a sweetener, such as a little honey. This smoothie has some essential nutrients and is perfect to take about a quarter of an hour before dinner.