We all have the same dilemma, as we become older and the years go by our skin is under attack both externally and internally. The sun, smoking, alcohol, pollution and bad diet are just some of the main reasons for our skin ageing prematurely. Unfortunately there are many smoker and they know the skin doesn’t benefit from it, so make an extra effort to help your skin by using a natural face mask.
There are many ways to keep our skin looking younger without resorting to any expensive or chemical creams or lotions. By using a more natural, healthy way to help the skin which in the long run also saves money.
To make a natural face mask created from natural ingredients which helps to keep the face clean and fresh.
The ingredients used for the natural face mask:
1 – Aloe Vera – Has been used since the time of the ancient Egyptians who called it the “plant of immortality.” Various studies have been conducted to examine the benefits of the aloe vera plant and it was found that it does in fact have several properties that are effective in treating a variety of skin conditions, from flaky or dry skin, cosmetic ailments, hair and scalp problems to many more.
2 – Honey – Is naturally antibacterial, so it’s great for acne prevention and treatment. Being full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down the ageing process. It is extremely moisturising and soothing, so it helps to also create a glow. Honey is clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
3 – Lemon – The acids in the juice may be irritating to some people so be sure to dilute the lemon juice with water before applying it to your skin. Some of the benefits include diminishing the discolouration of scars and age spots, and the treatment of acne as lemon juice has natural antibacterial properties that make it a good choice to treat the acne and to prevent further breakouts. Lemon juice is also a natural exfoliant since the citric acid acts as a gentle “skin peel” that removes the top layer of dead skin cells.
4 – Carrot Seed Oil – Is rich in antioxidants, which help to prevent and even repair skin damage from sun, smoking, poor nutrition or a harsh environment. Its nutrients include beta carotene, Vitamins A and E and provitamin A. Carrot seed oil nourishes dry or ageing skin, and can even reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
5 – Olive Oil – Can help to reduce wrinkles as it contains a lot vitamin E which the skin really benefits from. It is also a powerful antioxidant which counteracts the free radicals that are responsible for the ageing of cells.
Ingredients that are hard to find in an average supermarket can be found in my store page.
How to make the Natural Face Mask:
– First you will need a small container in which to mix your natural face mask. use a small cup. Then you add the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera
2 teaspoon of honey
A couple drops of carrot seed oil
A splash of lemon juice
– Once mixed, leave for a few minutes to allow the ingredients to settle together.
– To prepare for your natural face mask, first wash your face it to ensure its clean and free from any makeup.
– You may wish to exfoliate your skin first by using a scrub. Click here to see my natural face scrub.
– To apply the natural face mask, using your fingers, massage the mixture all over your face, ensuring that the mask gets into all the creases. The mask is quite sticky so it shouldn’t run and its a good idea to keep a towel at hand for your fingers.
– Leave for approx 20 minutes,.By this time the natural face mask should be quite dry and sticky.
– Wash the mask off, with warm water. Your skin should feel nice and soft.
– Pat your face dry with a soft towel, don’t rub.
– Apply a little oil olive on your hands and rub all over your face. Leave this to soak in naturally, it will help to rejuvenate the skin and keep it moisturised.
Use this natural face mask regularly, approximately every two weeks. You see a lot improvement with the condition of your skin. It takes patience, after all Rome wasn’t built in a day, and there is no real miracle cure despite what the ad’s tell us! However this is method which really does help to improve the skins condition. It’s 100% natural, and is an inexpensive treat to pamper yourself with.