Sometimes we find our hair hard to deal with. Our hair gets damaged by heat, sun, chemicals, pollution and normal wear and tear. This results in the hair breaking and becoming dry, frizzy and brittle. So we have a good reason to make sure that our hair stays soft. We can do this by using a natural hair softener to allow our hair to become softer and shinier.
Making a natural hair softener means that we use natural ingredients full of vitamins. This helps to treat our hair without damaging the hair itself. Our ancestor used these kind of methods to take care of their hair.
To make the natural hair softener I use the following ingredients:
Olive oil – not only repairs rough, dry hair, but also strengthens it, preventing further damage.
Honey – is well known for its ability to moisten and nourish hair by retaining moisture.
Salt – helps to stimulate healthy hair growth. Massaging the scalp with the salt aids in improved circulation of blood and strengthens the hair follicles.
Banana – helps to increase the elasticity of hair and prevent split ends.
Aloe Vera – Another miracle of nature. Its helps to prevent dandruff and hair loss whilst restoring the shine and moisture of hair.
Ingredients that are hard to find in an average supermarket can be found in my store page.
How I make my Natural hair softener is as follows:
1 tablespoon of hot olive oil
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of salt
½ of banana
1 tablespoon of aloe vera
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly with a fork
3. To prepare your hair for the natural hair softener, rinse it and then towel dry, so it is still damp
4. Apply the natural hair softener by massaging the mixture well into the hair and the scalp. Ensure that the treatment is worked well into the tips of the hair
5. Leave for approx 20 minutes. Wearing a shower cap is a good idea to allow you to move around without making a mess
6. Rinse the natural hair softener off, and wash with shampoo and conditioner if you like. Once finished, towel dry your hair and allow to dry naturally. Your hair should feel nice and soft and full of life.
My hair is naturally curly, the natural hair softener helps to prevent it from getting tangled, or damaged when I straighten it. Using this treatment once every couple of weeks will help your hair to become softer and bring it back to life.