To keep your hair in great condition and to promote growth, once every two weeks you can use a nice, nourishing, natural hair treatment. Wow thats a lot of N’s!
The first recipe is for those of you who don’t have very dry, or very greasy hair. So as well as the recipe for this treatment we will also give two alternatives at the end of this article. One for dry hair and one for greasy hair.
The ingredients in our natural hair treatment:
Eggs – contain a large amount of protein ranging from 3.6 to 6.5 g per egg. This helps to strengthen the hair follicle. Stronger strands of hair are less likely to break.
Olive Oil – has long been used to promote skin health. Therefore it also helps your scalp, and that can in turn boost the health of your hair. Olive oil, as part of a regular hair care regimen, can help your hair and scalp reach their healthiest potential.
Coconut Oil – has been in use as hair oil for thousands of years, and it has shown remarkable results. Rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals which are good for the hair and scalp. Certain components in it keep the hair strong, nourished and protected from the effects of premature ageing.
Lemon juice – helps fight against dandruff and also prevent its recurrence.Lemon juice also helps to strengthen hair roots and reduce excessive sebum secretion which makes the scalp oily and causes the follicles to get clogged. It stimulates the scalp, promotes hair growth and makes it soft.
How to make our Natural Hair Treatment:
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
A Splash of Lemon Juice
– Mix thoroughly in a small bowl and leave for a minute to allow the natural hair treatment to bind together.
– To prepare your hair for the mask, give it a good rinse then towel dry until the hair is just damp.
– Using your fingers, apply the natural hair treatment. Massage the mixture well into the scalp and hair, ensuring that the treatment gets worked well into the tips of the hair. For medium length hair, 1 egg should be enough.
– Leave for approx 30 minutes, wearing a shower cap is a good idea to allow you to move around without making a mess.
– Rinse off the hair mask with cold, or luke warm water, to prevent the egg from cooking in your hair and becoming hard to wash out.
– Towel dry your hair and allow to dry naturally. Your hair should feel nice and soft.
For greasy hair use the following mixture:
1 Egg White: the white contains bacteria-eating enzymes which help to remove the unwanted oils
1 Tablespoon of Honey: will nourish and give shine to your hair without leaving it greasy.
For dry hair use the following mixture:
1 Egg Yolk: helps to revitalizing dry and dull hair.
1 Teaspoon Honey: makes your hair softer and manageable
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil: helps to give hair a shine
This natural hair treatment will help your hair grow healthy and fast.